STRATEGIC PLANNING OFFICE - Duties and Responsibilities
The basic duties and responsibilities of the Strategic Planning Office are the following:
1. Preparing the Strategic Plan in accordance with the directives of the Command of the Police, as well as gathering and using statistical data and survey results that relate directly to the preparation of the Strategic Plan.
2. Mapping out a short-term, medium-term and long-term course of action for the Cyprus Police on the basis of the directives of its Command.
3. Monitoring the degree of progress and implementation of the Strategic Objectives in accordance with the time limits set out in the Strategic Plan.
4. Co-operating with the Divisional / Departmental Strategic Plan Support Groups and providing them with directives and guidelines.
5. Cancelling, reviewing and or introducing new areas of action in the Strategic Plan, where considered appropriate, either in accordance with instructions given or after approval by the Command of the Police.
6. Informing the Chief of Police with regards to the degree of progress and implementation of the Strategic Objectives as well as about the possible variations or deviations that take place.
7. Any other duties assigned by the Chief of Police.