Strategic Planning Office – Duties and Responsibilities
The basic duties and responsibilities of the Strategic Planning office are the following :
(1) Preparing the Strategic Plan in accordance with the directives of the Command of the Police, and the relevant legislation, coordinating, reviewing and monitoring its implementation.
(2) Collection and exploitation of statistics and surveys directly related to the development of the Strategic Plan.
(3) Co-ordination with Police Departments / Directorates / Services for the implementation of the Strategic Plan and evaluation of their Annual Action Plans.
(4) Preparation of the Activity Based Budget of Cyprus Police for the Next three Years, with the contribution of the Finance Directorate, in order to allocate the available resources in accordance with the priorities identified in the Strategic Plan.
(5) Prepare the Reconciliation Framework for next year's budget and the medium-term framework of the next three years with the Finance Directorate's contribution. The Framework for Reconciliation aims to prepare a rational budget on the basis of policy priorities to avoid the submission of supplementary budgets and within the financial capabilities of the state.
(6) Coordination and forwarding of the Project Concept Notes (PCN) at the Ministry of Justice and Public Order, in cooperation with the Finance Directorate. Project Concepts notes that are positively evaluated are submitted through the Reconciliation Framework process.
(7) Prepare of the note concerning Police matters, which is included for discussion in the Finance and Budget Committee, of the House of Representatives.
(8) Monitor the progress of the Government's work concerning the Police matters.
(9) Coordination for risk assessment and management of the Strategic Plan in order to take corrective action.
(10) Co-ordination and preparation of action learning plans in collaboration with the Police Academy and the other Departments / Directorates / Services, etc. of the Police, as well as the implementation of relevant training so that staff training is in line with the achievement of the Police objectives.
(11) Preparation of the Police's Annual Report and updating of the Police's organizational chart.
(12) Coordination and follow-up of policy-making bulletin of the Police.
(13) Contact point with the Cyprus Certification Company and the Organization for Standardization, with the relevant bodies of the governmental portal "ARIADNI" and with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the Sustainable Development Objectives of the UN.
(14) The execution of any other duties assigned by the Chief of Police.