The mission of the Research Office is to study Traffic Laws and Regulations and propose the introduction of new provisions or amendments that would lead to a more effective handling of traffic-related problems.
The main duties of the Studies and Research Office are as follows:
· Handling correspondence concerning Traffic Laws and Regulations as well as the correct implementation of these Laws and Regulations.
· Submitting proposals to the Director of the Traffic Department Police Headquarters, concerning the implementation of current or new legislation, Police Standing Orders, Instructions etc.
· Participation in meetings and working groups dealing with Traffic matters, as well as the smooth operation of the Department.
· Studying and researching the Road Safety measures / methods / best practices used in other countries and submitting proposals for their implementation.
· Handling Traffic Department Strategic Plan issues.