The major aims of the Aliens and Immigration Unit are to:
• Effectively control aliens at entry and exit points (Airports & Ports) of the Republic of Cyprus
• Combat illegal immigration and illegal employment of aliens
• Locate and apprehend illegal or wanted aliens and bring them before Justice
• Prevent illegal immigration to the territory of the Republic of Cyprus
• Control aliens who reside in Cyprus under any kind of permit
• Combat illegal immigration flow to Cyprus as well as to other E.U. member states, using Cyprus as a transit country
In order to achieve its aims, the Unit has set up the Operations Office, which is responsible for supervising all operations at a national level. The operations are organised in co-operation with the Divisional Branches of the Aliens and Immigration Unit and have been effective in arresting and reporting illegal aliens and their employers. In its effort to combat illegal immigration, our Unit also takes a number of preventative measures which include the collection and utilisation of information given by other services or the public. It therefore co-operates closely with the Drug Law Enforcement Unit, the Crime Intelligence Office, the Port and Marine Police, the Central Information Service and the Aviation Unit of Cyprus Police.