1)The Branch handles all issues regarding Seminars/Meetings/Trainings/Conferences both at home and abroad.
2) Prepares and monitors the implementation of the following Articles of the Ministry of Justice and Public Order Annual Budget regarding Cyprus Police:
03.503 ‘’Scholarships and Training Abroad’’
03.521 ‘’Conferences, Seminars and other events in Cyprus’’
03.523 ‘’Participation in EU Committees/Working Groups’’
03.525 ‘’Participation in EU Programmes and Initiatives’’.
3) The Branch receives all correspondence regarding the participation of Cyprus Police members in Seminars/Meetings/Trainings/Conferences both at home and abroad with regards to the above Budget Articles as well as to the Article 03.753 ‘’Expenses for Investigations in other countries” and requests the disbursement of funds by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Justice and Public Order.
4) Following the approval of the disbursement of funds and upon agreement with the participant, the Branch proceeds to the reservation and issuing of air tickets through the air tickets reservation systems, Amadeus and Sabre, which are installed at the Branch offices. Furthermore, the Branch proceeds to the arrangement of a pre-paid lodging coupon based on the Circular number 1586 of the Ministry of Finance ‘’Subsistence Allowance for Abroad’’, which is modified on an annual basis.
5) The Branch also makes the arrangements for the air tickets of the members of the Fire Service, the officers of the Ministry of Justice and Public Order, the Minister of Justice and Public Order, the members of the Prisons Department, the Attorney General, the President of the Supreme Court, the Auditor General and members of the Audit Service.
6) The Branch also handles issues regarding the air tickets and lodging of Cyprus Police members traveling abroad to receive and repatriate fugitives and wanted persons on the basis of European Arrest Warrants issued by the Republic of Cyprus or persons wanted internationally by the Republic.
7) Further to the above, the Branch makes arrangements for the air tickets and the lodging of the members of Prisons Department who transport convicts in order to serve their sentence.
8) It should be noted that for the cases referred in points (6) and (7), the expenses are covered by the Budget Article 03.535 ‘’Transnational and International Agreements’’ upon the approval of the disbursement of funds by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Justice and Public Order.
9) Cost estimation for meetings deriving from Budget Article 03.525 ‘’Participation in EU Programmes and Initiatives’’, regarding Cyprus Police EU Projects upon approval of EU Funding Office, Finance Directorate and arrangements for the air tickets and lodging.