The Anti-Drug Service is the Police service that aims at:
- Reducing the supply of illegal addictive substances, by combatting local production, trade, trafficking, and use of drugs.
- Developing international cooperation with a view to combatting drug smuggling and reducing/eradicating the illegal supply of drugs internationally.
- Preventing the availability and trafficking of precursor/pre-precursor substances and New Psychotropic Substances.
- Preventing the legalisation of proceeds from criminal activities related to illegal narcotic drugs. Reducing demand from illegal addictive drugs. This can be achieved through the Service’s prevention activities, by implementing various preventive programmes and actions.
- Providing counselling and psychological support to drug users and their families, as well as encouraging them to turn to counselling facilities, rehabilitation and detoxification centres.