The Registry, as recipient of all correspondence, comprises an important component of the Traffic Department.
Once received and evaluated by the Registry, all the correspondence addressed to the Chief of Police regarding traffic matters throughout the Republic - whether originating within the Cyprus Police itself, other Government Agencies, private organizations or citizens - is forwarded to the appropriate Office/Branch of the Traffic Department for processing. Certain matters may be handled directly by the Registry itself.
The correspondence received mostly relates to the following:
· Citizens’ complaints regarding traffic violations and fixed penalties.
· Complaints about the conduct of members of the Traffic Department.
· Recommendations and suggestions regarding road safety issues and the prevention/reduction of traffic accidents.
· Suspension of driving licenses.
· Requests by municipalities to resolve traffic issues throughout Cyprus.
· Preparation and submission of documents to the Chief of Police regarding the closure and repair/construction of roads.